Skip to content
- Immunization – some value in sheep; produced tuberculin sensitivity in cattle.
- Sanitation and control:
- Test all animals regardless of age and remove reactors from herd.
- Inspect, clean, and disinfect buildings and rest pastures containing fecal material. C. Isolate calves from mature animals from birth until 1 year old.
- Add only disease-free animals to herd, thus test all new additions.
- Thoroughly discuss control measures with owner when Johne’s disease suspected or diagnosed.