GOVERNMENT OF KERALA AGRICUTURAL (AHG) DEPARTMENT NOTIFICATION
G.O.(P) No.176/04/AD. Dated, Thiruvananthapuram, 24.8.2004.
1. Short title and commencement :-
(1) These rules may be called the Kerala Prevention and Control of Animal Diseases (Amendment) Rules, 2004.
(2) It shall come into force at once
2. Amendment of the Rules: – In the Kerala Prevention and Control of Animal Diseases Rules, 1968, in rule 5,–
(i) in clause (b) of sub-rule (1) after the word “marked’’ and before the words “by branding’’, the following words shall be inserted, namely;- ”by fixing ear-tag on the left or right ear or’’;
(ii) after sub-rule (2) the following sub-rule shall be inserted, namely:-
(3) All animal in the State other than those specified in sub-rule 91) shall also be compulsorily be inoculated against disease or diseases notified and be fixed ear-tag on the left or right ear’’
By Order of the Governor,
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT.
(This does not form the part of the notification but is intended to indicate its general purport)
Government in notification No.12466/AH2/67/AD dated 4.5.68 issued Kerala Prevention and Control of Animal Diseases Rules,1968 to enforce various provisions of the Kerala Prevention and Control Animal Diseases Act, 1967. The Rules do not contain provision for enforcing identification of vaccinated of all animals against Foot and Mouth Disease and other provision for preventing the outbreak or spread of Foot and Mouth Disease. Now that Government of Kerala have approved the project to establish Animal Disease Control zone in Kerala to control Foot and Mouth Disease with the assistance of N.D.D.B and signed an MOU for the implementation of the project which include provision for compulsory vaccination against FMD and identification of vaccination animals by ear-tagging on cost basis.
This notification is intended to achieve the above object.