Publications of CDC 2018-19
- Babu George, ML Leena , MKC Nair, Autism Spectrum DisordersAetiopathogenesis, Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2018 Jul, Vol-12(7)
- Babu George, Prasanna G.L., Leena ML, Liss Maria Scaria. Early detection of autism spectrum disorder among 2-6 year old children by community health workers Indian Journal of Applied Research volume-8 ;Issue-4 ; April-2018
- Babu George , Liss Maria Scaria, M Zulfikar Ahamed , Leena ML, Hypertension among adolescent school children aged 15-18 years in an urban government school, Kerala, Indian Journal of Applied Research, volume-8 ;Issue-5 ; May-2018.
Reports from 2018 till date
- Model Anganawadi Centres in Kerala – A New Initiative
- Evaluation of welfare schemes implemented at Attappadi under Women and Child Development Department, Government of Kerala
- Report on Assessment of differently abled Children Trained In Magic by the Academy of Magical Sciences
Scales Developed and validated
- CDC, Kerala Grading for motor milestones: 0 – 1 year – for the three important motor milestones in the first year – Head holding, Sitting & Standing.
- Trivandrum Developmental Screening Chart : 0 – 2 years (TDSC) – for early detection of developmental delay and is now included in all three Indian text books of Pediatrics and this simple tool should help improve developmental monitoring through Integrated Child Development Scheme (ICDS) in India.
- Validation of Developmental Assessment Tool for Anganwadis 2 – 4 years (DATA) to identify developmental problems in the community by Anganwadi workers
- Trivandrum Developmental Screening Chart : 2 – 4 & 4 – 6 years (TDSC) – Currently being validated.
- Language Evaluation Scale Trivandrum : 0 – 6 years (LEST) to identify young children with speech & language delay and to offer remedial measures.
- Nursery Evaluation Scale Trivandrum : 2 – 4 years (NEST Jr) to identify children with subtle developmental problems in the Play schools by their own teachers and help them to offer remedial teaching.
- Nursery Evaluation Scale Trivandrum (NEST): 4 – 6 years to identify children with mental subnormality in the Pre-schools by their own teachers and help them to offer remedial teaching.
- Teenage Screening Questionnaire – Trivandrum (TSQ-T): 10 – 19 years – to screen the physical and mental health issues of adolescents.
- CDC Adolescent Health Card: 10 – 19 years to identify health status of Adolescents
- Partner Assessment Scale Trivandrum (PAST): Above 19 years – to identify couples with physical, mental, psycho-social and sexual incompatibilities.
List of Printed materials
- Pamphlets (Malayalam)
- Reproductive health among adolescent girls
- Premarital and newly-wed counselling
- School readiness testing
- Early stimulation program
- High Risk Newborns
- Adolescence -Preventing Life style Diseases
- Adolescence – Mental Health
- Speech stimulation for children
- Scholastic backwardness
- Handbooks (Malayalam)
- Premarital Counselling
- 101 Questions and Answers for Adolescents
- Adolescent Health
- Multiple disability among children
- Mental Retardation
- Visual Impairment
- Speech and Language Disorders
- Cerebral Palsy
- Hearing Impairment
- Downs Syndrome
- Learning Disability
- Toys and Children
- Infant feeding
- Autism Spectrum Disorders; CDC Kerala: Early Intervention Package
- A primer on Early communication and Language Skills
- At risk babies, delay, deviation and disability: CDC Kerala: Early Intervention Package (birth to 6 years)
1. Proceedings of National Workshop on Teenage Care, 2000
2. Teenage Care and Pre-marital Counseling, 2000
3. Adolescent Counseling, 2000
4. Adolescent-in health and disease, 2000
5. Parenting, 2001
6. Adolescent Pediatrics, 2001
7. Counselling, 2002
8. Adolescent Change agents, 2002
9. Adolescent Attitude, 2003
10. Depression, Scholastic Performance, 2003
11. Family life education module for young adult, 2004
12. Understanding Adolescent Issues, 2004
13. General Adjustment, 2006
14. Communication Speech & Language, 2006
15. The Preschool Child, 2007
16. The High risk newborn, 2008
17. Toddler, 2009
18. School Counseling, 2009
19. Developmental delay, 2009
20. Visual Impairment, 2009
21. CDC Clinic Services, 2010
22. Hearing Impairment, 2010
23. Mental Retardation, 2010
24. Cerebral Palsy, 2010
25. Adolescent Mental Health, 2011
26. Autism Spectrum Disorders, 2011
27. Speech and Language Disorders, 2011
28. Comorbidities in Childhood disabilities, 2011
29. Activities of Daily Living Skills, 2011
30. Multiple Disabilities, 2012
31. Childhood Disability, 2012
32. Autism-Early Detection and Intervention, 2013
33. CDC-Clinic and Research Experience, 2013
34. Premarital Counselling, 2013
35. Preventive cardiology in the young
36. Genetic Counselling
37. Teens Volume 9 No.2 July 2015
38. Teens Volume 10 No.2 July 2016
CDC Publications (English)
1. MKC Nair. Family Life education for adolescents. State AIDS Cell, Tvpm, 1995
2. MKC Nair. High risk baby – Early Intervention Rationale. 1998
3. MKC Nair, Babu George, DCCD Holders. Trainer’s Module on Teenage Care and Counselling, 1998.
4. M.K.C.Nair, Babu George,Padmamohan J, Sabitha, Jayakrishnan K, Childhood Disability 0-5 yrs, 1998.
5. MKC Nair, Yamini Thankachi. Module on Health Policy. 2004
6. MKC Nair, Rekha R, Lekshmi MA, Latha S, Rajee Krishnan, Preetha VS. Creche Services in Kerala, 2004.
7. MKC Nair, Resmi VE, Mini G. Module for Adolescent Care, 2004.
8. MKC Nair, Rekha Radhakrishnan, M Venugopal. Parenting skills for Adolescent Future parents, 2004
9. MKC Nair, Babu George, MA Mathew, Sunitha RM, Prasanna GL, Jyothi R. Neurodevelopmental follow-up: Module on Early Stimulation, 2004
10. MKC Nair, S.Jayam, Vijaya Srinivasan, MA Mathew. A primar on Research Methodology, 2004
11. MKC Nair, Mini G, Resmi VR.Trainer’s module on Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health, 2004
12. MKC Nair, Deepa Thomas. Reproductive Health of Adolescent Girls. IndiaCLEN RSC-PCOS Project 2005
13. MKC Nair, Rajasenan Nair V, Babu George, Suresh Kumar G, Siju K Eappen. Arogyakaramaya Jeevitha Saili. 2005
14. MKC Nair.Chief Editor. Life skill Education. 2005
15. MKC Nair, Naveen Jain. CDC-KIMS Model “National protocol for neurodevelopmental follow-up”, 2006
16. MKC Nair, Babu George, Nisha RS, Leena Sumaraj, Mehruniza Begum, Remy P Nair, Archana KV, Hima Mohan G, Sangeetha VR. Kaumara Arogyam. CDC-CMTDMC-Alappuzha Project, 2014
17. M.K.C.Nair, CDC Kerala Monograph: Child Adolescent Development A Life cycle Approach(Birth to 24 yrs),2014
18. MKC Nair, Mini AO. A Primer on Early Communication Speech and Language Skills – 2014
19. MKC Nair, Babu George, Deepa Bhaskaran, Russell PS (Eds). At-risk Babies, Delay, Deviation, Disability – CDC Kerala: Early Intervention Package (Birth to 6 years – 2014
20. MKC Nair, Babu George, Deepa Bhaskaran, Russell PS (Eds). Autism Spectrum Disorders – CDC Kerala: Early Intervention Package – 2014